Health & Safety
HEALTH AND SANITATION GUIDELINES
Statement from Bill Petrella, Chief Executive Officer
At Hotel Emma, our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and family of associates. Our commitment is evident in our standing as the only AAA Five Diamond property in the city of San Antonio and one of two AAA Five Diamond properties in the state of Texas. The prestigious Five Diamond distinguished award is the highest honor that can be received; this is in addition to being awarded AAA ‘Best of Housekeeping’ property in 2020. This simply means that Hotel Emma’s housekeeping standards significantly surpassed expectations, as measured by this acclaimed independent rating agency.
Hotel Emma is rolling out a multipronged platform to further elevate its cleanliness standards and hospitality norms and behaviors to meet the new health and safety challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has presented to the hotel industry.
We want our guests to understand what we are doing today in the areas of cleanliness, hygiene and social distancing so that when they walk through the doors of Hotel Emma, they know our commitment to their health and safety is our top priority. It’s equally important to us that our associates know the changes we are making to help safeguard their health as they serve our guests.
Our plan presents what we will do to keep our guests, associates, and our community safe. Our cleaning regimen and specific areas of focus include:
- Hygiene: All associates have been re-trained on stringent hygiene practices. We will provide hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, and gloves to our guests and associates. All associates are required to wear a facemask and gloves will be worn when appropriate in high-touch areas. Additionally, hands will be washed and sanitized frequently.
- Surface areas: In public spaces, our rigorous cleaning protocols require that surfaces are thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guestrooms, all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. We deep clean every room on a daily basis after check out.
- Housekeeping Daily Service: The classic Emma standard, for those guests who prefer daily make up and turndown service. We ask that the guest no be present in the room at the time of cleaning.
- Housekeeping Daily Drop Service: We understand some of you may not want to share your space with others once you arrive, so we will stock your room appropriately for the entire stay. Upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and linen exchanges.
- In-Room Dining: To help alleviate the risk of transmission for both guest and associates, in-room delivery can be contactless on request. This means that room service can be delivered right to the door without contact.
- Food safety: Hotel Emma food-safety program includes enhanced sanitation guidelines and training for all operational associates that includes hygiene and disinfecting practices. All food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices.
WE PLEDGE TO:
- Train our associates on disinfection, hygiene, and respiratory etiquette
- Limit occupancy and post maximum occupancy
- Maintain at least six feet distance between parties—including those waiting to be seated
- Seat no more than six people per table
- Make hand sanitizer/wipes available to associates and customers upon entry
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the restaurant and between interactions with customers
- We will not leave condiments, silverware, flatware, glassware, or other traditional tabletop items on an unoccupied table
- Only provide condiments upon request, and in single use (non-reusable) portions
- Use disposable menus that are new for each patron
- Prescreen the health of our associates; send anyone home who is sick
- Clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces regularly; clean and disinfect each dining area after every use
- Require all associates to wear masks
- Post Emma’s Pledge at our entrances and display readily visible signage to remind everyone of best hygiene practices
We are closely monitoring government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements and will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures. All local and state restrictions will be adhered to and revised as directed.
- book now Shop
- HOTEL POLICIES